Monday, June 16, 2008

My Big Little Boy

I took Grady to the Doctor today. He has an allergy issue that's causing him to have stuffy nose, "boogery" eyes, and an ear infection.

I thought that he might put up a fight when we went. He usually is not a happy camper when I bring up the doctor. It used to be a fight just to tell him we were going to see Kara at work (his buddy Dawson's mom, who works @ Marshall Clinic) because he knew what that meant.

To my surprise, we went in and he sat in one of the waiting room chairs just as patient as could be. He kept asking when the doctor would come get him and when it would be his turn. When we did get back to the room, he plopped his little butt up on the exam table and waited patiently again!! What the heck??!? Is this my child?? He asked what I thought the doctor would do to him and if she would check his reflexes. For some reason, he is fascinated by the reflex checker thingy. I told him no, but she would look in his eyes, ears, and mouth. He still wanted her to check his reflexes.

This is where I tear up..... He looked at me right before the doctor came in and said, "Momma, you didn't even have to hold me. I did this all by myself. I'm a big boy, aren't I?"

WAAAAAAAHHHHHH!! He is a big boy and I hate it!! He is getting big so fast and I still want a pause button or something to make it stop!

Well, needless to say, he did great and didn't fight when the doctor checked him out. He got their trademark sticker and sucker when we left, along with a dose of antibiotics. Fun, fun...at least he isn't fighting me on taking medicine anymore either!!

Okay, that was my daily pity party, boo-hoo, I don't want my son to grow up rant...... maybe I'll post something better later.

1 comment:

Amanda M said...

It is hard to watch them grow up so fast. Guess it is time to add a new addition to the Bergbower family?!