Tuesday, July 8, 2008

I bet you haven't heard this fish story before!

I am not a fisherwoman by any means, but this fish was not a hard one to catch.

Here's my story....

Chris and I were planning on taking Grady on Sunday to what we call the Lily Pond to go fishing/boat riding. He fell asleep about a mile from home. So, we put his life jacket on and let him ride asleep. We then called Chris's nephew, Josh, to see if he would like to come along. Since we are the coolest aunt and uncle he has, he gladly left his friends and joined us. ;)

We were just floating along, going as slow as a boat can go with the trolling motor, and BAM!!!!! This giant fish jumped in our boat!! NO SHIT!!!! I have heard stories about the jumping carp in the Lily Pond, but never witnessed it. Now, remember Grady was asleep in the boat. This thing narrowly missed landing on him. The only thing that got him was it's tail, and man did it slime him. It scared the crap out of him. Those were his exact words.

So, after Josh beat the fish half to death with an oar, we made it back to shore and of course the boys had to weigh it. 17 pounds!!! Could you imagine a 17 pound fish just deciding to jump in the boat with you??? Me either, but holy moly, what a trip!!



Here is Josh and our BIG Catch!

1 comment:

DeAnn said...

I need to go fishing there...sounds a little more exciting to me than sitting and waiting for one to bite. I'm not the fisherman in the family by any means.