Monday, July 7, 2008

Finally...

After being home a week, you would think I would have time to get all this posted, but I didn't. No excuses, just lazy I guess!!
We stayed at the Drury Inn at Union Station. I would recommend it to anyone with a family on a budget. They offer a buffet breakfast and Happy Hour in the evenings with your stay. Boy, did we take advantage!!
Future Hotel Lobby Greeter - Grady had to push it all the way to our room after the elevator.
Who can't resist jumping on the bed at the hotel?

One of the trains at Union Station

The first night we walked to the Arch. It was about a mile from the hotel.

WE WALKED = DUMB
I say that not only because we have a 3 year old, but because my husband was carrying a pocket knife that they didn't approve inside the Arch. They must think he looks like a terrorist. They wouldn't hold on to it for us and said if we tried to stash it anywhere on the grounds we would be caught and fined $150. So, we started walking back and noticed a horse and carriage ride. We took it back to the hotel. Grady liked it and wants his Uncle to start taking him horse and carriage rides around our farm. Not gonna happen.
Day Two we went to the Magic House and the Zoo. We had been to the zoo twice before, so we really should have saved our money, but Grady really wanted to see the Dinoraurus exhibit they had going on and make a Dinosaur at the Build A Bear. We are suckers, and we only have one child, so we gave in.
The Magic House was okay. I had been there when I was a kid. It was nothing like I remembered it. Grady liked some of it and other things were over his head.

Come on Mom...... Quit with the pictures already!

This is my husband's face and hand. Funny. Grady and I at the static ball. He didn't like the feeling of his hair standing up.

At Build A Bear - Making T Saurus Rex

My wild child, the only child at the zoo chasing the animals.

After the zoo, Grady was beat. He fell asleep in the car probably 2 blocks from the parking lot. That evening we definitely needed to take advantage of the Happy Hour. We woke Grady up and he was a GROUCH! Needless to say, he didn't want to be at Happy Hour and ended up spilling Bloody Mary all over the both of us. Chris cleaned it up and the management gave him an extra free beer for the night.

We walked (I know, dumb again - we didn't learn our lesson) to Hooter's that night and ate supper. Grady did NOT want to take a picture with those girls, much to his father's dismay. However, he did get a sweet little shirt!

On the way, someone had to pee. When a 3 year old says he has to go, you better find a spot.

Finally okay with his dad's choice for supper.I don't know if you can see it or not, it says, "Sorry, I only date Hooter's girls"

We swam at the pool and left then on Day Three. We did end up being able to go up in the Arch. Chris left his pocket knife in the car, as we drove this time. So, no run-ins with the law.

I love vacation, but I sure do hate getting home and doing all the laundry!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the "peeing" shot. How Funny!

DeAnn said...

You know, some people probably have a problem with this, but we've found that water bottles come in handy in the car. Especially when there are two boys involved. I wouldn't make it a habit, but it does work!

Jess said...

Looks like you had a great time! I agree.... I love vacation but dislike all the laundry when we get home! Thanks for sharing your adventures.