Monday, July 21, 2008

Bible School Dropout

Grady was so excited to start Bible School at Aunt's (Annette) church this week. Sunday was the first day. See the excitement on his little face??


Well, he did NOT want me to leave his side. "Momma, I neeeeeeeed you!" Talk about making a mommy feel terrible!! I went down the hall with him and his class and he went in the door and was fine. Then I hear, "Where's my momma? I need my momma!!" I went in and sat with him and his class. He knew no one there. I tried to buddy him up. Nothing. I tried to get him involved with the lesson for the night on the creation story. Nope.

Tonight he did not want anything to do with going to Bible School. Every time I mentioned it, he said he was too tired or that he just gave up. I keep telling myself that he is only 3. He didn't know anyone and I would probably be scared too.

Here's my question: How do I get my child to be more outgoing? How do I get him to understand that I will come back and he will be okay with other people and other kids?

Please Help!!

4 comments:

Sarah D said...

Aubrey, I sent you an e-mail with the info that we discussed on the phone earlier. Can you let me know if you got it?

my e-mail is jak122004@msn.com

Jess said...

That's a good question. I have one outgoing kid and one shy. Maybe it's a boy thing or is it the age... o.k... I have no idea. No help here:( sorry!

Sarah D said...

Aubrey,

It probably would have made you feel just as bad if it went the other way and he did not care at all to leave you!

It's a no win situation!

Jack used to be like that, but probably much worse. He is getting better the more we let him do. Keep trying.

Sarah

Cherish said...

Hey, at least you tried!

I have no good ideas though, my Starr (2 1/2 years old) knows no stranger! I am not sure which is worse.

PS In case you don't know who I am, I am Kelli C.'s friend :)