Thursday, November 13, 2008

Now What?

Well, it officially looks to me like the economy is in the crapper.
Chris just was informed of hour cuts at work...not jobs, yet. Thank you, Lord.
Other people I know are barely getting by. Paycheck to paycheck. I would love to say I'm not, but that would be a lie. I pay my bills, don't get me wrong. But, there isn't much left over.
I'm not trying to have a pity party. I just wonder if The Bergbower's are doing something wrong or if everyone feels this way.
On that note, what does one do to cut corners on bills and such? I just cut down our cable TV package. What else should I downgrade?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know it sounds crazy, but we started to turn our water off during our showers in our attempt to be more green. An added bonus was that it seriously dropped our water and sewer bill.

Christina said...

I feel your pain. Chris (my hubby) took a higher paying job... thought we'd REALLY be getting ahead... and yet... it's not as good as we thought. We're like you w/ paying our bills and not much being left over. It just sucks! And now w/ xmas coming up... how will we do it???

Kocher Family said...

Hey

I heard on oprah one day that if you unplug everything from the electrical outlet when your not using it, that it would say you money on your electrical bill. I tried it a few months ago. It works. My bill went down from 120.. to 75? It's worth it!