Friday, April 2, 2010

More Vacation Highlights

Last week seems so long ago. Sunny Florida was a great getaway for us with only one big downfall.


  • We left on Thursday morning and planned on making more than half our trip that day. We were successful and ended the day on a great note....Waffle House!!
  • Apparently you must ask for napkins at McDonald's drive thrus.
  • Some people think it is safe to take 6 kids in the back of a truck down the interstate.
  • Grady thought it was so cool to see the airplanes going over at the Atlanta airport. WOW...that is all he said until he couldn't see anymore.
  • Friday, we arrived at Chris's brother's a lot earlier than he got off work and Grady raided the old toys to keep himself entertained. A Batman trike from 1990 got quite the workout. And leave it to my child to find the only mudhole in Florida.
  • Florida convenience stores are sticklers for license checking when buying alcohol. Chris had no valid license since his birthday in September (I guess I should have reminded him to renew). No valid license even though you are of age = no beer.
  • Chris drove the whole way to Florida on said license.
  • Great hospitality by family and friends while we were there. BBQ and sightseeing = happy visitors.
  • Chris's brother is pretty newly engaged. Meeting the fiancee was great...she's a keeper!
  • Grady's first trip to the ocean was so much fun. It was really cool by the water, but he splashed and played without goose bumps. Mom, not so much.
  • Rain on Sunday made for an upset Chris, because we couldn't go out in the boat on the St. John's river. I was okay with it since only walking on a floating dock made me queasy.
  • 'Creepers' decided to nab my car in Chris's brother's drive. They stole the DVD player from the headliner, the GPS that was borrowed, my last cell phone I had just quit using, and some change from the ashtray. On Sunday morning. Geez. How lucky am I?
  • We left at 5 Monday morning. 5 am. Home by 10 pm. Very glad to be here.
  • Vacation = laundry.
  • I don't think I have caught up yet. And it's a holiday weekend. I may never catch up.

Although there was a downfall, we did have a great visit. Next time, with 2 kids, I think Delta or Southwest Airlines may get our money. We're kinda over the long ass drive.

1 comment:

Christina said...

Sounds like a pretty good trip! When you get done with your laundry, I can send mine your way - we always have laundry!!!