Thursday, April 29, 2010

75 - 80% Sure

I had a doctor's appointment today. Didn't figure it would be anything more than hearing the heartbeat and asking any questions I had. I was in for a surprise.

The doctor said he thought I was measuring a little bigger than I should be and wanted to know if I was sure about my last period. I said yes and he said he thought I should have an ultrasound. YIPPEE!!

Everything measured right on schedule with my due date and baby's heartrate was 158. Since Chris or Grady wasn't along, I asked the ultrasound tech to put her guess as to the sex of the baby on the picture of her proof and put it in a sealed envelope. That was the longest trip home from Effingham I have ever taken.

When I got home, Chris and I opened it together and the tech was about 75 - 80% sure that Grady will be getting a baby brother!!! We are very excited (with the exception of Grady who wanted a girl so he wouldn't have to share his toys) and happy to say that 4 months has passed without incident and are looking forward to the next 5 going just as well.

5 comments:

Kocher Family said...

So happy to hear things are going well for you! Congratulations to you all!

DeAnn said...

Great news Aubrey...nothing better than boys! Not that I would know any better!

Sara said...

That's awesome news Chris & Aubrey!!!! Gald to hear everything is going great for ya!!

Kelly R said...

Congrats Aubrey! My two nephews are here tonight and they are playing good together right now!!! You will have fun!!

sheryl said...

SWEET!! Congrats!