Friday, October 16, 2009

Apple Picking

A couple weeks ago, we ventured north (all the way to Greenup) to Grissom's Lost Creek Orchard. Chris wanted cider and Grady wanted to pick apples and I wanted out of the house.





The apple of my eye for sure!



Not quite tall enough, but being a good climber helps.





After making absolutely sure it wasn't a 'snapper' Grady decided he might want to touch it.



Can't you just hear him? LOOK AT......


THAT!!!


After much consideration, Grady had to pick out a gourd or two also. He chose this one because it looked like a swan. I thought so too.
Pretty nice little place to go to that wasn't too far from home. They have a few corn mazes and you can walk through the orchard and pick your own apples to bag up. Or you could do like my husband and pick one just to try. (Please don't turn us into the Orchard Police!!)


3 comments:

Christina said...

At first glance that gord looked like a snake or some kind of crazy lizzard.

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun!

Kelly R said...

Your pictures are so good! I think that camera is a good purchase. I am ready to take a plunge and buy a good one!

Dawn said...

I thought that was a snake and about peed my pants.