Monday, August 3, 2009

Our Weekend Getaway

Thursday evening we headed south to Evansville for the weekend. We stayed at our favorite hotel, Drury Inn. Gotta love the free drinks of an evening and wonderful breakfast in the morning! Our fist stop was Chuck E. Cheese. Grady had never been there (could have went last year, but threw a fit so I kept on driving right past it). To say the least, we had fun.



After seeing these cups at the register, Grady thought he needed one.


He would have rather played in these tunnels than anything....and they didn't take tokens...go figure!

Chris and I got a good sketch of ourselves done. Grady wouldn't hold still long enough to have him in it too. And he kept putting his face right up to the camera and rooting us out of the picture.



Grady and The Big Cheese...he was a little skeptical....so was I.
This man probably deserves his own post altogether. I had to sneakily take his picture. While we were playing skeeball, he was sitting and watching his child/grandchild play games and as we turned to walk his way.....he let the grossest sounding fart I have ever heard in my life!!! He just sat there all sprauled out in this plastic booth and cut one! At Chuck E. Cheese with a gob of people around!! I said EXCUSE YOU and he looked at me like he didn't even know what he had done! Maybe I shouldn't be so hard on him....that pizza did a number on my stomach too!
Day 2...Holiday World
Grady did get to talk to Santa this year. He was much braver than last. Don't know if he told him a wish list or that he just wanted to ride the log ride.


First ride of the day....Bumper Boats. He was the very first rider of the day so he thought he was hot stuff!

Ahh....the log ride. Grady loved it!! However, I was too tight to pay 7.99 for a photo of us on it, so I took a picture of their picture! I thought buying the 40 dollar tickets stimulated the economy enough.

After the river rapids...he was the wettest person on our boat! He walked like he was gaulded until he dried out a little.

The last baby ride he was on. He said he didn't mind that he wasn't tall enough to do a lot of the rides, but seeing his face while the little rides were going....I'm thinking he's outgrown a lot too. Don't get me wrong, he liked it, but I think he was a little bored with the constant circles. Maybe dizzy too.
I think he could have spent all day in the little playground area. We couldn't hardly get him out of those rope climber things.
It was a fun weekend and it was nice to go away without anyone (ME) getting sick and having to come home. I think we are gonna skip Holiday World next year and try somewhere new. Then maybe in a couple years Grady will be tall enough for us to have a little bit more exciting rides. Any suggestions?


2 comments:

Christina said...

So glad you guys got away for a couple days. Looks like Grady had a ton of fun! Love the sketch - very cute :-) Fart story made me lmao! And Holiday World just sounds like fun - don't think we're gonna make it there this year. :(

Dawn said...

We're going to Holiday World next week. I've never been and am uber excited!