Tuesday, March 3, 2009

A Little Confused Here


I rarely watch the news anymore. Most of it either sickens me or pisses me off. Well, last night was no exception. I heard Katie Couric say something and had to rewind to make sure I heard it right and then had to check online to really make sure that I was hearing correctly. She said, in a nutshell:


(CBS/AP) Secretary of State Hillary Clinton said Tuesday the U.S. will continue to work closely with Israel's new government, but will also "vigorously" pursue the creation of a Palestinian state. ....................Clinton arrived in Jerusalem Monday evening from the Egyptian Red Sea resort of Sharm el-Sheik, where she pledged $900 million in U.S. aid at an international donors conference for rebuilding the Gaza Strip after Israel's recent offensive against its Hamas rulers.


First of all....Disclaimer: I do not follow politics or very much have an opinion on how things go politically for that reason. BUT..... I have a really big bone to pick with Mrs. Clinton. The US economy is in the crapper. Our "stimulus" was money added on to working people's taxes that are taken out of their paychecks, not in the form of an actual dollar figure to stimulate the economy. Why on Earth should US dollars be spent, not just US dollars, US millions of dollars be spent to rebuild in Israel? US people need US dollars to rebuild US jobs and economy, right?
Someone please let me know why I shouldn't be so upset with this!